- Clean dust or move objects away from the grates that supply air into each room. Do the same to the large return grate, usually in a hallway, to ensure proper air flow.
- Clear leaves and debris from the system’s outdoor condenser unit grille.
- Examine ducts in attic or crawl space for holes, loose tape or separated sections that might leak air.
- Trim shrubbery to allow at least two feet of clearance from the unit.
- Set the thermostat mode to cooling (and heating for heat pumps) to make sure it’s working. Contact us for service if you hear any unusual noises.
- Replace your air handler filter once a month to reduce airflow restrictions and wasted energy.
- Make sure condensate line is clear to allow liquid runoff.
- Set up annual checkup of your system.